Choosing the proper mattress may not seem like a big deal to most people. But it is probably one of the most important decisions you will make. Getting a mattress that is comfy and one that fits your needs does magic to your daily performance and efficiency. You will find yourself waking up more refreshed and energized.
If you are one of those people who spend a lot of time traveling in RVs, then you might have noticed that the beds are usually not big enough to fit regular sized mattresses. However, they do fit a short queen mattress, which is smaller in size.
But just because they are smaller does not mean you should compromise your comfort!
Best RV Mattress Short Queen Comparison Chart
5 Best RV Mattresses Short Queen
1. Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam RV Short Queen
The mattress contains natural green tea extracts to maintain product freshness. It also reduces odors and absorbs moisture. Since it is a memory foam mattress, it conforms to the contours of your body, which provides comfort and stability while you sleep.
The layers of this mattress include 3 inches of memory foam, 2 inches of comfort foam, and 5 inches of compact base foam. The base support foam is durable and stable.
This mattress contains the latest evolution of memory foam and bio-foam. This mattress comes expertly packed and is easy to set up and even though it is a short queen size, you don’t have to worry about your feet dangling out in the middle of the night. You’ll feel like sleeping on a cloud all night long. And by the time you wake up, you’ll feel refreshed and without any body aches.
You will find all the comfort of a king-sized bed on your RV while you are out camping in the middle of the night.
- Size: This mattress is the perfect size for your recreational vehicle while you’re out camping.
- Durability: The foam in the mattress is CertiPUR-US certified. It means it is long-lasting.
- Mid ranged price: You get a high-quality product at a low price compared to some other mattresses.
- Odour: The Green tea smell of the mattress may be unfavorable to some people, and it may last for quite a while.
- Firmness: Although it is quite comfy, it may be a little firm for some people. At this price range, you can find other mattresses that can be comfier.
2. LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress RV Queen
Another great option for a short queen mattress for your RV is LUCID’s 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam mattress which at $234. This dual-layered mattress consists of 2.5-inch Memory Foam infused with gel technology. The mattress also has a 7.5-inch compact Foam Base, which provides great support.
The softcover creates a breathable air layer at the top of the mattress. And the top layer, gel-infused memory foam is designed to prevent heat build-up. So you can be sure that your bed will not get too warm and uncomfortable. This mattress is specifically designed for RVs so you can enjoy your sleep just as you would in the comfort of your home.
This product also comes with a 20-year limited warranty but only if you get a defective product due to faulty workmanship or structural defects.
The foam itself is firm and is perfect for people who are looking for a mattress on the firmer side and one that prevents heat build-up. Overall the mattress is a great choice for its price.
- The gel memory foam helps in regulating the temperature.
- It provides conforming support that spreads evenly to your body.
- It is compressed and shipped, so it’s easy to fit in stairs and narrow hallways.
- It has a medium feel, so your body does not sink into the mattress.
- It can be a little firm if you’re looking for something more soft and comfy.
- It takes time to decompress fully.
3. Zinus Memory Foam Mattress, Short Queen
This 6 inch Memory Foam Green Tea mattress is perfect for RVs since its dimensions are small enough to fit in small beds easily. Its lightweight makes it ideal for traveling and camping out in small RVs. It has knitted Jacquard Cover.
The layers of this mattress are made of, 1 inch of Memory Foam on top and 5 inches of compact base support foam with good air-flow. All these layers provide great comfort and pressure relieving support which makes for good night’s sleep. It has a medium feel to its firmness which most people look for.
The foam in this mattress is also CertiPUR certified, which means it has great performance and is long-lasting. It is saturated with castor oil and green tea essence, which removes bad odors and bacteria. This foam conforms according to your body and gives you amazing comfort.
It takes about 48 hours to decompress and return to its original shape completely. Zinus offers a free ten-year limited warranty for this product.
- It is reasonably priced.
- It is lightweight and easy for one man to carry and place the mattress.
- It is the perfect size for RVs.
- It has a strong smell for the first few weeks, but the smell is temporary.
- It takes a long time to decompress as compared to the other mattresses.
4. LIVE AND SLEEP Ultra RV Mattress, Short Queen
If you’re looking for that luxurious, soft and fluffy mattress that you usually find in hotel rooms, then your search might end here. This 12-inch mattress has the right amount of firmness and softness yet with a supportive base that won’t let you sink deep in.
This mattress has three layers; a luxurious 2.5-inch Premium Memory Foam with proper air-flow, 1-inch Visco Memory Foam infused with gel beads and 8.5 inches of solid Support Base. It also comes with a free queen – size memory foam pillow that just adds up more to your comfort.
This memory foam mattress will evenly support every part of your body. It is also a body contouring mattress, meaning it takes the unique shape of your body. And unlike innerspring mattresses which may show body impressions, this mattress reverts back to its original shape when you get up.
The gel-infused technology relaxes you and makes your sleep cooler. Since there is better air-flow, it does not trap any body heat.
- This mattress can almost give you the same comfort of a Tempur-pedic bed but definitely at a lower price.
- It has very little to no odor. If you don’t find the odor pleasing, you can keep the mattress in an open windowed room for some hours before sleeping on it.
- It is a “balanced” mattress. It is not hard but firm. It is not slouchy but soft. It is not too cold or too hot.
- CertiPUR & OEKO-TEX Certified
- It is a little expensive as compared to the other mattresses.
- The rounded edges of the mattress prove to be ill-fitted for beds with squared edges
- At 76 pounds, it can be a little heavy if you’re planning on traveling light.
5. Dynasty Mattress Cool Breeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress
This mattress is perfect for those of you looking for that perfectly comfortable, soothing and ‘cool’ mattress within a fair price range. It is considered to be one of the Top 15 Best RV Mattresses in 2020.
This mattress has four layers. It is made of 2.5-inches of HD Memory Foam infused with gel beads to take your comfort to a notable extent. It includes 2 + 2 inches of foam support for better air-flow and, a 3.5-inch strong ultimate support base. It also comes with a fire-resistant, zipper washable cover.
- The mattress can be placed anywhere, even on a simple piece of plywood. The base of the mattress itself provides a strong ultimate base to sleep on.
- It is firmer than air mattresses but soft enough not to cause you any pain; not too hard nor too soft.
- Cool Sleeping Technology.
- You can sleep on it even while it’s still fluffing. Mattress immediately fluffs up within 24 hours.
- The 2.5-inch Memory Foam infused with gel technology definitely ensures to give you the comfort and relaxation your body desires. It will relieve you from any physical strain that your old mattress might have caused.
- This mattress is an ideal pick for those people who suffer from nocturnal hyperhidrosis (night sweats). Unlike the memory foam mattresses that have no gel beads, this mattress allows better air-flow. Thus, it provides immense comfort, firm support and cooler sleeping experiences.
- Free Trial for 120 days
- For “cold sleepers” or during winter, the cooling technology might cause them to feel cold at night. But you can put a thin blanket over the mattress, and you’re good to go.
- The mattress is big and quite heavy for a single person to carry and fix.
- For people who prefer very firm mattresses, this might not be your ideal one. This mattress is medium-firm.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR IN A MATTRESS
Comfort should always be your number 1 priority when looking for a mattress. After driving around for hours in your RV, you will want to rest on a bed that will regenerate your body and mind. So always look for a mattress which is comfortable.
The lifespan of the mattress is also just as important. Get yourself a durable mattress so that the comfort of the mattress does not get compromised in the long run.
There are mainly three types of mattresses; memory foam, spring, and polyester. Memory foam conforms to the shape of your body and is quite comfortable. But it can get really warm sometimes. Spring mattresses have padding made from a coil, and they can be quite heavy, but they are more breathable. The last type is latex foam. This material can get uncomfortable sometimes as it does not conform to the body’s contour.
While choosing a mattress, pick the one which is thick as they provide great comfort. But it should also be flexible so that fitting it inside your RV does not cause a problem.
Make sure the mattress is of the right size. There are different sizes available but look for short queen size for your RV as they are the perfect size for most RVs.
There are a lot of short queen mattresses out there that will give you the comfort of your home in your RV. We’ve listed below the Top 5 Best Short Queen Mattresses. Read our detailed review and choose which one is best for you.
If you’re looking for a great Mattress for a low price, then the Zinus Memory Foam 6 Inch Green Tea Mattress is undoubtedly the clear winner here. It offers an amazing Mattress that provides all the comfort and features at a truly amazing price.
Also if you’re looking for something small and lightweight, then you should pick this.
However, if budget is not something you’re concerned with, and want something bigger, then you will not be disappointed with the LIVE AND SLEEP Ultra RV Mattress, Short Queen Gel Memory Foam Mattress. It may be more expensive than the others, but it delivers and certainly lives up to the expectation.
Each person has different needs and preferences for their mattress. So, our picks are solely based on different preferences and needs. And we hope this review has helped you choose the right mattress for you and your family. Each one of these mattresses is great, and you won’t be having those uncomfortable sleepless nights followed by a sore back in the morning anymore